Sunday, August 22, 2010

PADI Rescue Diver Certification

Since completing my dive certification in November 2009, I have had abundance of opportunities to continue my in-water education.

This was a two weekend course teaching the skill necessary to rescue myself or my partner given an emergency. For me this is a prerequisite to becoming a public safety course but is a class all divers should take.

The class was held both in confined water (pool) and open water. Skills included towing a tired diver, assisting with out of air emergencies, locating a lost diver, helping a panicked diver and culminated with having to tow an unconscious diver a quarter mile with doing rescue breathing.

I know I am much more confident and ready to start organizing dive trips as part of our possible activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment